Friday, December 16, 2011

Do I have a chance of getting into an Ivy League?

I'm a senior in Puerto Rico and I really want to go to one of the Ivies, but I'm not sure if I can. I got a 1600 on the SAT (Reading-560, Math-510, Writing-610). I have one of the highest scores in my grade but I know it's nothing compared to kids in the states. My GPA is 3.9, I'm a member of the National Honor Society, and the editor of the yearbook. I want to be a zoologist/doentarist and I do lots of volunteer work (esp. at the animal shelter). I was also an intern for the Rainforest Alliance in New York last year and I received a scholarship to attend a Biological Conservation course at Columbia University last summer. I also have my own jewelry business that I am very serious about (I make everything myself). I'm going to take the Math l, Spanish, and Biology Subject Tests on Saturday but I don't think I'll do well. Will my extracurriculars help make up for my low scores? Can I still get into an Ivy, and if not can you recommend a good school to apply to? Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment