Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The 1.73 carat round cut diamond engagement ring i just purchased last month and used to propose to my fiance?

has chipped. She just found a small chip (visible to naked eye) on the girdle (side) of the diamond. We have owned the stone for just over 30 days! It was not chipped when we got it (I examined it very closely under a loop several times) I did add a rider to my homeowners policy with State Auto and paid the premium for policy last month. I contacted the jeweler yesterday and he sounded somewhat shocked. he says if it is chipped he will give me paperwork I can show to my insurance company and he says they will give me the replacement value. I paid approximately 5k for the diamond in the setting from a well known wholesale jewelry who has been in business for over 25 yrs in minneapolis. I dont want to make a claim on my insurance that will affect my rating or cause increases in my rates. I feel like the jeweler is screwing me. My fiance is very careful with her ring and did not hit the ring on anything, she does not even wear the ring to work. What should i do? Will my insurance really pay, what if they won't. my fiance really wants the problem addressed, she just got the darn thing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment