Monday, December 12, 2011

Husband forced me to buy a house i didnt want?

My husband back in 2006 fought with me till i agreed to sign on a house i did not want. His mom kept calling him a lot when we rented a home. We both agreed to rent for awhile till something that came along that suited us both. But his mother's persistent nagging got him to go on house shopping spree so he found this house that was run down..no insulation in walls needed electrical work..needed gutting and yes i was in my last year of college when he pulled this..i kept saying no lets not buy it and he fought with me so bad i had to sign ...i was unhappy from the time we looked at till. Now after about 3 years in a run down home which is taking forever to remodel i am still very unhappy and resentful. Everyday i am here i have to look at unfinished drywall that keeps getting dirty and i can not clean, no carpet thought out the house just bare sub floors upstairs and really worn out plank floors down stairs. the basement smells bad. the house is nothing more then a lemon. It has put a rift in our marriage. some days i just cant bare to stay here..he says oh well nothing we can do about it now just live with it and be happy however the thing is i was never happy since day one. Not having a nice home to bring friends or family in is getting on my nerves big time..i do not even have kitchen cabinets no counters only a deep sink in place of a regular kitchen sink. Am i wrong for still feeling so meisable? I feel a great amount of resentfulness towards him and his mother..why is it i cant be happy with this house..He said he bought it to make me happy but thing is i told him straight up i did not want to buy the house because it needed too much work..and he fought with me till i agreed (yes i should have stood my ground) but am i wrong for feeling this way..i feel its put a huge wedge in our marriage and fear its going end in divorce..

0 comments:

Post a Comment